So, you know how we ALL go through those magazines at the doctor, dentist or other waiting area? Yea,well I was THAT woman, THAT woman that tore a page out of the magazine!! *gasp* I know, shocking right... LOL! But I saw this recipe and about died with excitement and let me tell you... It didn't let me down at all! My taste buds are loving it! I know many of you have said you want to try it already just based on me putting a pic and status up on Facebook, well here you go :)
Avo-Feta-Goat Goodness (yes thats my title... deal with it )
4 avocados: ripe, halved, pitted and chopped coarse.
1/2 C. red onion/ chopped or diced. your choice
1 C. ( 8oz.) of Feta or goat cheese. ( I used feta) crumbled
1 1/2 Limes; Juiced.
1/3 C. Fresh Cilantro ( I use kitchen scissors to cut it into the mix at the end)
3/4 tsp salt ( optional... I don't use it cause its got enough flavor and , well, I don't like salt! )
In a large bowl, combine avocados and onion, mash with fork... fold in Feta(or goat) cheese, lime juice, cilantro and salt (if you choose).
Serve at once, or cover and serve up to 6 hours.
Serve with either of the follwing: Pita chips, bagel chips, on a bagel in the morning, as a spread for a veggie burger, or use with tortilla chips.
Recipe is about 183 calories,16g of fat, 8g of carbs, 6g of protien, and 5g of fiber.
Its a pretty simple recipe and really yummy! Now go eat it, its delish!!! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment