Saturday, May 14, 2011

8 weeks.. .say what?!

Well Well... its been 8 weeks ago yesterday that Adam left for the sandbox.  Well, its kinda a sandbox... more like grapevines and pot plants... true story. 

Lots has happened in that time, we now are the proud owners of a three year old toddler. Yes exciting, I know.. LOL  My computer took a poop so yesterday I went out and got a new Sony Vaio... and I must say, I love it!  SO much faster, way better color and resolution and the wireless works... go Team! :D

Also yesterday, the car decided that the transmission wanted to go out... not all the way, but its getting there.  SO, come the first, when good ole' pay day hits, thats going to get fixed and in the mean time, its going to be trips from home that are ONLY necessary... So, we shall see how this goes.

Going forward, Landricks IEP for his school year in the fall is at the end of this month.  A little nervous about that... not so much that he is going to be going to school, but more so the fact that they want him to ride the bus.  Its not far, but I dont know HOW he will do with that... so we will see... we will see! And the fact that I dont know if they want him 5 days a week or 3 days a week... and since this is a change in our routine that we have established and what not... its going to be a little different so this summer we are going to be talking a lot about school and all that kinda stuff.

I am HOPING to get landrick more into the potty training phase... hes just not interested but tells me when he has to be changed. He knows what pee and poop is, and goes with me to the potty, just doesnt do it himself yet... so we are going to be working on that in the next few weeks I think.  He doesnt need to be potty trained for school, but I would like it for sure!  He getting so big and growing so much, its insane...

The past few days have been very warm, muggy and kinda humid here in the mitten state... with that said, I ended up putting the two window AC units in and cooling the place off. Not so much for me, but for Landrick with his asthma.  OK, maybe a little for me, just saying  LOL  But now they are off and its chilly! Its like in the low 60's and 50's for the next few days, insane Michigan spring thats for sure!

Landrick and I have a small deck top rail garden we are growing, and its doing pretty well I must say!  We have all sorts of stuff growing so this will be fun for him this summer to pick things like strawberries, his own salad lettuce, peas and green beans for dinner, I think he will enjoy it!

Other than that, not much else is too new.  I will be adding pics once I get them swapped over from the external hard drive to the new computer so keep checking back :)

-Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment