Thursday, November 15, 2012

Roger Dog, OHHHH Roger Dog!

As most of you know, we, well I have had Kaycee the pug for ever it seems. Going on at least 12 years soon to be 13!!! Can you believe THAT!  And shes a PUG !!!  Shes been my side kid, my best friend, my mentor on life lessons believe it or not, shes been there to cry with me, pick me up at my worst times, and laugh with me at my best. Shes see my darkest days, and sunniest of times.


When I was pregnant with Lanrick, man was Kaycee awesome, shes always been a pretty cool, laid back pug.  There were a few times she would sit up on my belly, her back legs kicked out at my hips, front legs and paws up at the top of my bells and when Landrick would kick, she would kick him back, funniest stuff ever! And of course, when we brought him home, she was super happy, protective and never left his side, or mine.  Shes always been motherly, a little bossy at times, and overall, a wonderful dog. 

Kaycee has always also, gotten along great with other dogs.  Even in in her old age, she's been great at dog parks, with other friends dogs, and when she doesn't want to play, she will just come and either sit by me, sit by the campfire, or run off and hide, or in her world, find the closest blanket to burrow in. :) Well, there once was a time, when Kaycee had another dog to play with and grow up with when she was a puppy, sadly, that ended and it was just her and I. My little 14 pound sidekick.  Then along came Jimmy and Meg. And then, due to tragedy, Meg went to live in the Chicago area after Jimmy's untimely passing in the car accident, so again, it was just Pugface and I.

Fast forward a few years, a wedding of chance faith of a faithful old friend and her brazilian husband, some Lambic Framboise, camping, and a few months later, I was in my own apartment with Kaycee dating Adam.  Shortly after that, found out we were expecting Landrick and the rest is history... or so you think....

Here is where Roger the Fluffy comes in.  After moving into the home that my mother and stepfather own as a second home that they do not use once my sister moved out as she moved to West Virginia, a woman I went to High school with was working in the Tuscon, AZ area on rescuing animals at a place called the dog patch.  The place is scary as hell, let me tell you.  Here is a reputable site that give you at least an idea of where Roger came from. 

Long story short, Roger was in ROUGH shape, he was basically left at he the Dog Patch for dead.  The girl had found him skinny as a rail, and pretty much knocking on deaths door, so she took him into the truck nursed him back to health, got him into a vet, plumped him up and he was adopted out to a family in AZ.  Well Low and behold, Roger was left for about 15 hours in a spring loaded door carrier type thing out in the Arizona heat and weather. We are very lucky that Eddie, the behaviorist that was working with my school mate and the woman and her family whom had adopted him, came over when he did to find him.  This is what he found and this was at the vets office right before he had to have surgery... needless to say, he never went back to that home again, thank god!

Now, here is the strange stuff comes into play... Roger came to us in November-ish 2010 I had a few issues, we shall say, with my girlfriend from AZ getting me his paperwork.  She was always " sending" it or " bringing it with her" or she " left in in her luggage" or the last one was" I sent it, not sure why you didn't get it"  So, I just had all his vaccines all redone, except the rabies since thats the only one I did have the paper on since he had to have that one to even fly on the plane to get here in the first place. Well, that left her and I on kinda  a bad note, I didn't want to have to do all that over with him again, and what not, but it wasn't fair that I should have had to pay out of pocket for shots that had already been done, or so I was told. Our agreement was that he was going to be a foster dog here, he was not going to be a permanent placement, well yea right Heather, LIKE THAT WAS A FAT CHANCE HE WAS LEAVING!  Wait till you see him, hes freaking ADORABLE! Over all hes a great dog, has total issues with ANY dog kennel or being confined to a crate, so he doesn't get left alone for long periods of time, which works out good as I am a stay at home mother as most of you know. :) As time went on, he grew on us and man does he have one attention needing personality. He ALWAYS wants to be in the center of it all!  Unless its my kitchen, then he knows better, cause then he will lay on the carpet and just wait for me to be done and so that, he knows not to get in my way when Im working away in the kitchen lol!  

So, This Eddie guy, He messaged me last year and here is the facebook thread from him.  I will let you be the judge of this.  I think I handled it with tact. * as most of you know, Im a pretty straight to the point, if you don't like what I have to say too darn bad I'm going to tell you how it is anyhow, kinda person*  Yea well clearly, he didn't get or understand the post from almost a year ago to the day, hes only a few day short of a full year!!!!    My feeling, you know Roger came here to Michigan, he has a family that loves him, please leave me alone.  I do not want anything to do with you at this point and time anymore, didnt last year, dont this year.  PLUS on top of that, when my girlfriend whom brought Roger dog to me, told me about this Eddie person, she told me a few things about him ( not sure if they are true or not, given her history with me, and her reputation on a few other select things) but I dont need a stalker, and honestly, after this, he's blocked.


  • October 17, 2011
  • Eddie Vanture
    Hello. Do you still have Roger? Star quit speaking to me, but I still wanted to check on the pup. How are things going?

    Well since star said numerous times that she sent me or packed in her luggage then forgot, Rogers vaccine records and got all snippy about things, she removed me from her friends list and blocked me. And that's fine. I got roger up to date on everything except his rabies cause I have proof that he at least had that from her . For doggie daycare and grooming though he needed a vaccine record up to date from a vet and she couldn't or wouldn't product it.
    As far as far as roger goes he's fine. He's loved, well taken care of, spoiled, and that's all I am going to say about him at this time.
    I hope things are well with you. You seem like a good person and a big animal lover.


    Eddie Vanture
    I'd much rather talk about Roger than Star. I got pretty close to him. And, I don't want to intrude, I just wanted to check in on him. Glad he's well, and I hope you (and yours) are doing well too. Last I heard, he was going after your other dog.









Heather Hinman
Eddie, 
It has been almost one year exactly since the last time that I talked to you and told you as far as Roger went he was fine. He was well loved, taken care of, spoiled and that was all I was going to say for him at that time. That still remains. Star has left some very bad tastes in a few peoples mouths about not only Roger, but a few other items here in Michigan as well as AZ, if that is even where she still is, I really do not care. I know you and Roger got close and you had a very big help is his rescue and I thank you for that, but I do feel that it is best you do not make contact me with me on him any longer. He is enjoying his life with his family and that is all that there is to be said about that. Please don't take this offensive, but I really don't wish to have anything to do with any part of the whole Arizona aspect of Roger at all. Just so you know he is fine, and for peace of mind, here attached is a photo of him being lazy napping, like always.
Best Regards, 
Heather


Now, I think personally, that was VERY nice of me to reiterate what I told him LAST year at this time.  This is a man that rescues and deals with hundreds of dogs a year.  Kinda glad hes so far away to be honest.  he gave me a really strange impression anyhow. :/  Do you think I am in the wrong for this because I do not. Here are a few photos of Roger over the past few years and where he came from at first, of course with Eddies help, which I have as you read, acknowledged and thanked him for, and how happy he seems to be, even though hes a little bit of a pain in my rear end sometimes, but honestly, what dog ISN'T :) he's Loyal, and loves us so thats all that matters, and we are the same back to him so its all good.

Above: Roger after the first "adopted" family left him in the Arizona heat without food or water for about 15 hours and he tried to chew his way through his kennel, before that, he was a resident of Tucson's Dog Patch, a very nasty filthy place were people dump animals to be left for dead :(

After a surgery, Roger had one took removed along with the wire door, and you can see under his chin the scare that healed very nicely. Now, almost three years later, its hardly there :)


he enjoys being lazy.....

When I am cooking dinner, or baking in the kitchen, he knows that hes normally going to be in my way, so this is his " spot" till Im done... he waits :)

If and when I have to go out of town, he and kaycee the pug always go with the favorite blanket to Krysten and Matts Digs to play with the BDFF Emmy ( best dog friend forever) 

Even when baby jase gets a timeout for being naughty, roger gets a time out for trying to steal baby jases food... so they spend them together. not that they learn anything, they just sit and "chat"

hes a Smart one!  he loves sitting in front of the fan in the summer time!

Roger also, love to hot my pillows when hes feeling EXTRA needy for attention, and play with my hair.

again, being lazy, keeping feet warm, its his thing. hes like a living slipper.

When I got this dog bed at Costco, he hasn't loved anything so much other than his tennis balls I dont think... 

When the older boys are being insane and wild on hot summer days, Jase and Roger like to kick it in the A/C with us on the couch and watch the crazy kids entertain us :) baby jase just loves Roger Dog.

And this would be Landrick trying to " love on his Roger" as he calls it, and Roger, could care less.  hes the most easy going dog I have ever met.

Bed hog. 

Landrick Bed hog, and protector every night.he will not leave that boys bed until I either ask him to go outside to go potty or till I tell him to go to my bed for bedtime. 

Last but not least, Roger, like kaycee, is NOT a morning dog! I know!!! How did I get lucky with THAT one?! he hates his close-ups in the early morning, hes affraid his bed head is too wild, ( most of the time, it is!!!! Have you seen his wild fur?!) 






No comments:

Post a Comment